Another thing I wanted to note about London is the...how do you say...ridiculous amounts of PDAs you witness out and about everywhere on the streets! Londoners are all over the PDA and...well...each other...what happened to good ol' British restraint? I mean did joining the EU and allowing all these continental Europeans in cause some kinda paradigm shift in the PDA department or something? Maybe Londoners have just been watching too much American TV... (of course, no picture accompanies this particular part of my post....I draw the line at snapping shots of self-ensconsed couples...what kind of creepy freak do you take me for???)
I think all in all...my proudest accomplishment in my week here so far is....umm....ya....not getting run over. The streets here are nutty...but I think that's a pretty well known fact about London right? I mean they even have to print on the street itself which way you should look before crossing the street! (see proof - Exhibit A - below)....or maybe that's only for loser-ass tourists cause too many of them were getting run over? I wonder....Regardless I do my best to pretend like I don't need to look down...but then I inevitably end up looking one way, then thinking "no, you're looking the wrong way!" swivelling my head at breakneck speed in the other direction only to realize I had indeed been looking the right way in the first place...*sigh* Hopefully I'll have it down soon.
New fun music:
The vicious guns
dead waiterthe ting tings
does it offend you, yeah?
2 comments:
I think it's funny - and cute, in a sad way - that Stephen Harper is calling for an election before the giant USA one so that if Obama wins, we silly Canadians won't be influenced by the States electing a Liberal candidate. "Quick, get them to vote for me!"
When it comes to PDAs, I like to find ways of deterring that are amusing. When an old roommate of mine would have annoyingly loud sex in her room, I would blast a Weird Al polka medley. If you see people "snogging" in public, whip out your cell phone and pretend to be having a loud conversation as you pass by them so they will overhear and be deterred:
"Uncle Don's goiter is full-to-burstin'"
"The baby threw up this morning - it was GREEN."
"I swear I have never seen so many red bumps on something so small before."
"Yeah, his next exam is that thing where you have to put your arm up a cow's bum."
"It smelled so bad that apparently he threw up, and it was oatmeal. So you can imagine how nasty it was."
"Have you ever mixed rum with mayonnaise? I don't recommend it."
"The guy's finger was halfway up his nose, and when he pulled it out..."
hahahahahahahahahaha. now i HAVE to try those.
Post a Comment